Thursday, January 26, 2012

How can I copy and paste contents of a scanned document into Google translator. Please!!!!?

I am trying to translate documents from Danish into English. I know Google has a translator, but it requires the text to be copied and pasted into their translation box. The problem is that I am scanning these documents into the computer, and when I open the document to edit it, it doesn't give me the ability to copy and paste, so that I can translate various parts of the document. Anyone have a solution to my problem? Any help would be graciously appreciated.|||You need to use some OCR - Optical Character Recognition - tools to edit your scanned images. There are plenty available in internet.


The below link has a good collection of OCR Tools


http://www.globinch.com/2010/06/08/best-pdf-ocr-tools-to-convert-scanned-images-to-text-word-documents/|||That's because a scanner is actually a type of camera that takes a picture of what you are scanning. This eliminates your ability to edit the test. You could try using the OCR software that came with your scanner. It can make an editable copy of the text, but OCR isn't perfect. It does not handle lines or layouts very well. Good Luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment