Monday, January 30, 2012

Help with simple English to German translations?

So I need some help translating a few phrases for my dialogue. Some of them are pretty weird which is why I can't find them in my textbook. I need a real translation, not a Google translation or something. Danke!





1. Let's go to the mall.


2. I will pick you up on my moped at 1 pm.


3. Macy's is having a sale today.


4. I need winter boots.


5. Maybe I will buy boots too.


6. Oh no, someone is robbing Macy's, and the mall is on fire.


7. And a dinosaur is eating people.


8. The cashier is on fire. Let's get the money.


9. An Elephant is a good pet.


10. Sorry you lost your moped in the fire.


11. Thanks for the invitation.


12. We will ride there on Hans the elephant.|||1. Lass (or: "lasst" if you're talking to several persons) zum (or: ins) Einkaufszentrum gehen.


2. Ich holfe dich um ein Uhr mit dem Moped ab.


3. Macy hat heute Ausverkauf.


4. Ich brauche Winterstiefel (or: Stiefel f眉r den Winter).


5. Vielleicht kaufe ich auch Stiefel* (in writing: Vielleicht werde ich auch Stiefel kaufen).


6. Oh nein, Macy wird gerade ausgeraubt, und das Einkaufszentrum brennt (or: steht in Flammen).


7. Und ein Dinosaurier frisst Menschen.


8. Die Kasse brennt. Holen wir (uns) das Geld.


9. Ein Elefant ist ein gutes (or: tolles) Haustier.


10. Es tut mir leid, dass du dein Moped durch das Feuer verloren hast.


11. Danke f眉r die Einladung.


12. Wir reiten auf Hans, dem Elefanten, hin* (in writing: Wir werden auf Hans, dem Elefanten, hin reiten).





* We are rather lazy and when speaking we often use the present tense instead of the correct future tense.|||1. Lass uns zu das Einkaufszentrum gehen.


4. Ich brauche Stiefel.


5. Vielleicht ich werde auch Stiefel kaufen.


6. Ach, jemand raubt Macy's, und das Einkaufszentrum brennt. (literally-- and the mall burns/is burning)


7. Ein Dinosaurier frisst Menschen.


8. Der Kasserier brennt. Lass uns das Geld nehmen.


9. Ein Elefant ist ein gut Haustier.


11. Danke fuer die Einladung.


12. Wir werden dort auf Hans der Elefant fahren.





I can't do numbers 2, 3, or 10. Sorry--German is my second language and I've only been learning it for four months.

No comments:

Post a Comment