Monday, January 23, 2012

Why do people answer questions from Google Translator?

I think if people wanted the Google Translator to tell them they would look it up themself easily. Google Translator is hard to get an accurate translation unless you are familiar with the language already.|||haha! I was just about to ask this question.





They think they are 'trying to help' when in fact they don't have a clue how inaccurate Google Translate is and are only just confusing the asker. Probably just doing it to get their 2 points - stupid really, I don't see the point in answering if they don't even know the answer.





Also, I love the way they're usually very condescending about it as well - 'Oh well, you could've just used Google Translate if you weren't so lazy!' - just no! Really winds me up.|||So true,i'm also searching someone who can really help me to translate some quote into hebrew,the google translator is really useless!i live in croatia and i cnt find anybody who can speak of write hebrew dats like impossible!!!!if i wanted to use the google translator i would already do that!LOL!!|||Me too!





The other one that bugs me is when I say I need a translation in EUROPEAN Spanish and I get replies from people in Mexico etc! I KNOW that some verbs are used differently and that vocabulary can be different too, so when these people kindly reply, the answer is never suitable!|||yes, I've wondered the same thing. it's so annoying! or when they don't even bother translating it for you, they'll just write the adress of the translator. it drives me nuts lol :)|||Laziness and a false sense that language can be translated disregarding context.

No comments:

Post a Comment